Standard: API 4023
OIL SPILL CONTROL SURVEY FOR ONSHORE AND OFFSHORE FACILITIES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
During I969 a petroleum industry task force conducted a survey to obtain information on all oil facilities operating in all fifty states having water on one or more borders. The primary objective of this survey was to secure sufficient information to allow the petroleum industry to proceed with the development of orderly response programs for oil spill prevention and clean-up.
To accomplish this objective it was necessary to secure not only information on the location of the facilities and products stored, but also to determine the present individual capabilities to participate in an oil clean-up program. In addition, data on surrounding oil handling facilities operated by member companies of the American Petroleum Institute, as well as nonpetroleum companies was obtained to make a complete evaluation of the existing conditions. Finally, the status of existing cooperatives and independent clean-up services in each area was secured.
|Organization:||American Petroleum Institute|
|Document Number:||api 4023|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|