Standard: IAEA - SSG-3
DEVELOPMENT AND APPLICATION OF LEVEL 1 PROBABILISTIC SAFETY ASSESSMENT FOR NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This Safety Guide addresses the necessary technical features of a Level 1 PSA and applications for nuclear power plants, on the basis of internationally recognized good practices. The scope of a Level 1 PSA addressed in this Safety Guide includes all operational conditions of the plant (i.e. full power, low power and shutdown) and all potential initiating events and potential hazards, namely: (a) internal initiating events caused by random component failures and human error, (b) internal hazards (e.g. internal fires and floods, turbine missiles) and (c) external hazards, both natural (e.g. earthquake, high winds, external floods) and of human-induced (e.g. airplane crash, accidents at nearby industrial facilities).
|Organization:||International Atomic Energy Agency|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|