Standard: RTCA DO-324
SAFETY AND PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS (SPR) FOR AERONAUTICAL INFORMATION SERVICES (AIS) AND METEOROLOGICAL (MET) DATA LINK SERVICES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This document specifies minimal baseline operational Safety and Performance Requirements (SPR) for the data link delivery of AIS and MET information as the primary means of communications between air and ground. The aim of the AIS and MET data link services is to provide aeronautical and meteorological information for flight efficiency and/or hazard avoidance in all flight environments. Four AIS/MET data link services are covered in this SPR: an aeronautical update service that provides current updates of aeronautical information; and three weather decision services that provide current updates of meteorological information designed to support flight crew decisions in three time categories (planning, near term and immediate decisions). The document is based on a notional architecture and is not intended for implementation and operational use until validation activities are completed. It provides a framework and a methodology to be used as the basis for assessing implementation of new data link systems or architectures as candidates for AIS and/or MET data link services.
|Document Number:||rtca do-324|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|