Standard: B11/STD - ANSI B11.19
MACHINES – PERFORMANCE CRITERIA FOR SAFEGUARDING
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard provides performance requirements for the design, construction, installation, operation and maintenance of the safeguarding listed below when applied to machines.
a) Guards (see clause 7);
b) Safeguarding devices (see clause 8);
c) Awareness devices (see clause 9);
d) Safeguarding methods (see clause 10).
This standard also provides performance requirements for complementary equipment and measures (see clause 12), safe work procedures (see clause 11), and safety functions (see clause 6).
This standard does not provide the requirements for the selection of the safeguarding for a particular application.
Any deviation in conforming to a requirement of this standard shall be carefully considered and based on a documented risk assessment to achieve acceptable risk. The reasoning and information concerning any deviation shall be included in the information for operation and maintenance of the machinery.
|Organization:||B11 Standards Inc. (Formerly AMT)|
|Document Number:||ansi b11.19|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 76.