Standard: TAPPI T 600
ANALYSIS OF FORMALDEHYDE IN AQUEOUS SOLUTIONS AND OF FREE FORMALDEHYDE IN RESINS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method is for the analysis of the formaldehyde content of aqueous solutions of the gas.
With the precautions given, it can also be used to determine the free (unreacted) formaldehyde content of resins used in paper treatment. Experience has indicated the method is adaptable to determination of free or unreacted formaldehyde in urea formaldehyde resins.
Most aldehydes and certain ketones will undergo the same reaction as formaldehyde. Thus the presence of other aldehydes will give erroneous results.
Acids and alkalis interfere in the titration, but this can be overcome by neutralization prior to reaction.
There are known instances where the formaldehyde is bound so loosely that it is very difficult not to hydrolyze the resin. Conducting the reaction at 0-5°C minimizes the hydrolysis.
|Document Number:||tappi t 600|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 1 of 1.