Standard: TAPPI T 509
HYDROGEN ION CONCENTRATION (PH) OF PAPER EXTRACTS (COLD EXTRACTION METHOD)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method measures the hydrogen ion concentration of a cold aqueous extract (unfiltered) of paper, expressed in terms of pH value.
It is suitable for writing, printing, and sized industrial papers, but is not intended for unbuffered types such as insulating and condenser papers. The determined values may not be exact in a fundamental sense and should not be interpreted in terms of solution theory. The pH values are empirically correlated with end use requirements and paper qualities. This method avoids change of acidity or alkalinity resulting from heat-induced hydrolysis.
A hot water extraction method is described in TAPPI T 435, "Hydrogen Ion Concentration (pH) of Paper Extracts (Hot Extraction Method)."
Surface pH measurement of paper is described in TAPPI T 529, "Surface pH Measurement of Paper."
|Document Number:||tappi t 509|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|TAPPI T 509||Change Type: REAF||Update Date: 2002-01-01||Revision: 02||Status: ACTV|
|TAPPI T 509||Change Type:||Update Date: 2002-01-01||Revision: 02||Status: ACTV|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 13.