Standard: TAPPI T 807
BURSTING STRENGTH OF LINERBOARD
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Scope and summary
This method describes a procedure for measuring the bursting strength of linerboard using a disk shaped diaphragm. Basis weights for this method should be 98 g/m2 (20#/MSF) and higher. The minimum burst should be 350 kPa (51 psi). This method may also be used to test paperboard.
A specimen is clamped between two platens with circular openings in their centers. An expansible diaphragm is distended through the lower platen by means of hydraulic pressure until the specimen ruptures. The maximum hydraulic pressure when the specimen ruptures is recorded.
For the bursting strength of paper with basis weights below 98 g/m2, use TAPPI T 403 "Bursting Strength of Paper." For corrugated combined board, see TAPPI T 810 "Bursting Strength of Corrugated Board."
|Document Number:||tappi t 807|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|