Standard: TAPPI T 632
ANALYSIS OF SODIUM SILICATE
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The sodium silicates in general use in the paper industry consist of chemical combinations of SiO2 and Na2O in ratios varying from about 1:1 to about 4:1.
They are available as aqueous solutions, anhydrous solids, and crystalline hydrates depending upon their chemical composition and the use for which they are intended. These uses will influence the tests which are required. When the utility is based on their chemical nature, the essential determinations are the Na2O and SiO2 content; when used as an adhesive, their viscosity and specific gravity become important.
|Document Number:||tappi t 632|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|