Standard: TAPPI T 537
DIRT COUNT IN PAPER AND PAPERBOARD (OPTICAL CHARACTER RECOGNITION – OCR)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method is suited for the numerical estimation of cleanliness for optical character recognition (OCR) purposes of paper and paperboard in terms of the frequency of dirt, specks, or marks. For other dirt count methods, see TAPPI T 437 "Dirt in Paper and Paperboard," TAPPI T 213 "Dirt in Pulp," and TAPPI T 563, "Equivalent Black Area (EBA) and Count of Visible Dirt in Pulp, Paper and Paperboard by Image Analysis."
This method may be used in applications where the number of specks per unit area rather than the equivalent black area is required.
In this method, each dirt speck is counted individually regardless of size, shape, or color. This differs from TAPPI T 437 where the dirt is expressed in terms of equivalent black area and is a function of its color, contrast with the background, and shape.
|Document Number:||tappi t 537|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|TAPPI T 537||Change Type: REAF||Update Date: 2002-01-01||Revision: 02||Status: ACTV|
|TAPPI T 537||Change Type:||Update Date: 2002-01-01||Revision: 02||Status: ACTV|
Standards That Reference This Standard
Showing 1 of 1.