Standard: TAPPI T 810
BURSTING STRENGTH OF CORRUGATED BOARD
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method describes a procedure for measuring the bursting strength of single wall and double wall corrugated board within the range of 690 kPa (100 psi) to 4825 kPa (700 psi) employing an instrument which uses a disk shaped, molded diaphragm.
NOTE 1: Single wall corrugated board is comprised of two facings with one fluted medium in between; double wall corrugated board is comprised of three facings which alternate in the construction with two fluted mediums.
A specimen of board is clamped between two platens with circular opening in their centers. The lower platen is fixed; the upper platen has an adjustable depth but remains stationary for the duration of the test. An expansible diaphragm is distended through the lower platen by means of hydraulic pressure until the specimen bursts. The maximum hydraulic pressure when the specimen ruptures, is recorded.
For the bursting strength of paper, see TAPPI T 403 "Bursting Strength of Paper," and for linerboard see TAPPI T 807 "Bursting Strength of Linerboard." This method is not applicable for triple wall corrugated board.
|Document Number:||tappi t 810|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|