Standard: TAPPI T 564
TRANSPARENT CHART FOR THE ESTIMATION OF DEFECT SIZE
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The transparent chart developed for this method may be used to estimate the size (area) of spots, defects, and/or other inclusions over the range of 0.02 to 5.00 mm2.
The chart may be used in a large number of applications where there is a need to estimate a size (area) by way of a direct comparison to a known area disk or rectangle. Applications may include, but are not limited to, the measurement of visible ink spatter on printed surfaces, the estimation of the growth rate of bio-colonies, air inclusions in transparent plastic castings and films, etc.
The chart must not be used to estimate the equivalent black area (EBA) of dirt or other colored specks. Dirt measurements by the EBA method should be performed in accordance with TAPPI T 437 "Dirt in Paper and Paperboard," TAPPI T 213 "Dirt in Pulp," or TAPPI T 563 "Equivalent Black Area (EBA) and Count of Visible Dirt in Pulp, Paper, and Paperboard by Image Analysis." Do not use this chart for T 437, T 213, or T 563.
|Document Number:||tappi t 564|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|