Standard: TAPPI T 218
FORMING HANDSHEETS FOR REFLECTANCE TESTING OF PULP (BÜCHNER FUNNEL PROCEDURE)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This practice describes the procedure using a Büchner funnel for preparing specimen sheets for reflectance testing of bleached or unbleached pulp whose fibers are readily dispersed in water. The sheets are made at a pH of 6.5 ± 0.5. This practice permits the preparation of sheets having a smooth and reproducible surface for reflectance measurements with a minimum of washing or contamination of the sample.
This TAPPI Standard Practice differs from other practices used in world trade in the manner in which sheets are pressed and dried. See Appendix.
TAPPI Standard Practice T 272 describes a procedure for using the sheet machine for making handsheets for the application. The purpose for having two methods is discussed in sections 4.3 and 4.4.
See Appendix for consideration of slow draining pulps and recycled pulps.
|Document Number:||tappi t 218|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 9 of 9.