Standard: PAPTAC - D.29
SHEFFIELD ROUGHNESS OF PAPER AND PAPERBOARD
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This test measures the roughness of paper and paper products by determining the flow of air between the paper surface (the sheet is backed by flat glass) and two concentric annular lands. This test is not applicable tissue, creped papers, and similar papers where there can be leakage of air through the sheet. This is an air-leak type of roughness measurement similar in principle to the Bekk, Bendtsen, Gurley [Ref. 1] and Print-surf type testers.
|Organization:||Pulp and Paper Technical Association of Canada, Formerly CPPA|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|D.29||Change Type:||Update Date: 1993-08-01||Status: INAC|