Standard: LUL - G0131A
GUIDANCE ON THE INSTALLATION OF PLATFORM TACTILE STRIPS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This Standard applies to platforms on the London Underground network. LU Category 1 Standard 1-131 section 3.4 defines the requirement for tactile paving on LU platforms.
The purpose of this Standard is to provide guidance and advice on the installation of Platform Edge (Off Street) Warning Surfaces (aka Platform Tactile strips). Platforms on the LU network have been constructed over many years using a variety of materials and sub-structures. Exposure of platforms can vary from fully enclosed to open to direct sunlight, frost and snow. With these factors there is no single technical solution to the provision of platform tactile strips but a range of solutions that can be recommended, based on individual locations.
|Organization:||London Underground Library|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|G-131||Change Type:||Update Date: 2010-11-01||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 7 of 7.
Standards That Reference This Standard
Showing 1 of 1.