Standard: TAPPI T 556
BENDING RESISTANCE OF PAPER AND PAPERBOARD BY SINGLE-POINT BENDING METHOD
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This procedure is used to measure the bending resistance of paper and paperboard in the machine and cross machine directions, by determining the bending resistance in mN of a 38 mm (1.5 in.) wide vertically clamped sample, at 15° or 7.5° deflection. For this method the standard bending angle is 15 ± 0.1°. For specimens that break or are otherwise unsuitable at 15° a bending angle of 7.5 ± 0.1° shall be used.
|Document Number:||tappi t 556|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|