Standard: TAPPI TIP 0304-64
HOW TO MINIMIZE ROLLING SCORES ON LIGHTWEIGHT AND HIGH-PERFORMANCE LINERS IN DIECUTTING OPERATIONS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This Technical Information Paper includes recommended operating procedures to minimize incidents of rolling scores on lightweight and high performance liners in both rotary and flat bed diecutting operations.
The ideal score must:
(1) crush the paper to produce a crease about which the board will fold or hinge
(2) produce relief for corrugated board or paper adjacent to the fold crease
(3) control the corrugated board deformation in the vicinity of the score to limit tension or shear in the paper.
The resultant score should be accomplished without cutting or cracking the paper of the combined board and should fold squarely along the centralized crease line. In order to achieve this, the die cutting machine must be in good mechanical condition. This includes the following:
• Correct rolls, scores, and anvil diameters with correct total indicated runouts.
• Proper diameter of female anvil and correct OEM specified score width and height requirements.
|Document Number:||tappi tip 0304-64|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|