Standard: IEC 60068-2-83
ENVIRONMENTAL TESTING – PART 2-83: TESTS – TEST TF: SOLDERABILITY TESTING OF ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS FOR SURFACE MOUNTING DEVICES (SMD) BY THE WETTING BALANCE METHOD USING SOLDER PASTE
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This part of IEC 60068 provides methods for comparative investigation of the wettability of the metallic terminations or metallized terminations of SMDs with solder pastes.
Data obtained by these methods are not intended to be used as absolute quantitative data for pass – fail purposes.
NOTE Different solderability test methods for SMD are described in IEC 60068-2-58 and IEC 60068-2-69. IEC 60068-2-58 prescribes visual evaluation using solder bath and reflow method, IEC 60068-2-69 prescribes wetting balance evaluation using solder bath and solder globule method.
|Organization:||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Document Number:||iec 60068-2-83|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 5 of 5.