Standard: TAPPI T 244
ACID-INSOLUBLE ASH IN WOOD, PULP, PAPER, AND PAPERBOARD
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Scope and summary
This method describes a procedure for determining the acid-insoluble ash content of cellulose samples.
The sample is dry-ashed and the residue treated with hydrochloric acid. The insoluble residue is filtered, washed, ignited, and weighed.
This method measures all acid insoluble material. It is a faster and less accurate method than other referenced methods. For a more accurate but time-consuming wet-ash procedure for determining the silicates and silica content of pulp, see TAPPI T 245 "Silicates and Silica in Pulp (Wet Ash Method)."
|Document Number:||tappi t 244|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|