Standard: BICSI OSPDRM
OUTSIDE PLANT DESIGN REFERENCE MANUAL (OSPDRM)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Telecommunications deregulation gives independent contractors access to OSP contracts and creates opportunities for qualified OSP designers in today's open and competitive market.
An OSP designer is responsible for designing the interbuilding cabling and EF infrastructure and the termination of the OSP cabling. An OSP designer should have knowledge of the following OSP aspects:
• Pathways and spaces
• Cabling (cable and connecting hardware)
• Bonding and grounding (earthing)
• System documentation
• Codes and standards
Advances in technology and high levels of technical expertise in all aspects of the information technology systems (ITS) industry have increased the importance of training. Based on current standards for OSP network design, the methodology presented in this manual provides a useful reference for those seeking design assistance or training.
|Organization:||Advancing the Information and Communication Technology Community|
|Document Number:||bicsi ospdrm|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|BICSI OSPDRM||Change Type:||Revision: 6TH||Status: PEND|
|BICSI OSPDRM||Change Type:||Update Date: 2007-05-01||Revision: 4TH||Status: INAC|