Standard: TAPPI T 519
DIFFUSE OPACITY OF PAPER (D/0 PAPER BACKING)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method provides a measure of diffuse opacity (paper backing) of white and near-white papers, previously known as "printing opacity."
The method may be employed for colored papers on condition that their reflectance (paper backing) is greater than 20% and their diffuse opacity (paper backing) is greater than 45% (1).
The method is not suitable for highly transparent papers such as glassine.
This method employs d/0 geometry, illuminant C, and paper backing whereas TAPPI T 425 "Opacity of Paper" employs 15/d geometry, illuminant A, both 89% reflectance backing and paper backing.
This method is similar to ISO 2471.
|Document Number:||tappi t 519|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 6 of 6.