Standard: RTCA DO-330
SOFTWARE TOOL QUALIFICATION CONSIDERATIONS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Software tools are widely used in multiple domains to assist in developing, verifying and controlling other software. In the context of this document a tool is a computer program or a functional part thereof, used to help develop, transform, test, analyze, produce or modify another program, its data or its documentation. Examples are automated code generators, compilers, test tools and modification management tools. This document explains the process and objectives for qualifying tools.
This document provides software tool qualification guidance. Additionally, clarification material is provided in the form of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). The document was developed for the following reasons:
• Tools are different from the software using the tools and form a unique domain; therefore, tool-specific guidance for both tool developers and tool users is needed.
• Tools are often developed by teams other than those who use the tools to develop software. These tool development teams frequently do not have software guidance background (examples of guidance include DO-178C or DO-278A). This tool-specific document benefits tool development teams and helps them avoid confusion and misinterpretation.
• It provides guidance for airborne and ground-based software. It may also be used by other domains, such as automotive, space, systems, electronic hardware, aeronautical databases and safety assessment processes.
|Document Number:||rtca do-330|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|