Standard: BICSI - NSC
NETWORK SYSTEMS AND COMMISSIONING
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This manual provides an overview of concepts and technologies considered to be fundamental to organizational network design. The contents of this manual are grouped into seven chapters, as follows:
• This chapter provides an overview of basic networking concepts, including network architecture, design, and project management
• Chapter 2: Network Connectivity, describes cabling and wireless technologies used to link network devices in a single building or a multi-building campus.
• Chapter 3: Fundamental Network Components, provides an overview of the hardware components used to enable building, campus, and multi-site networks.
• Chapter 4: Network Communications, describes the communications protocols associated with networks, internetworks, storage, and telecommunications circuits.
• Chapter 5: Network Administration and Security, describes the concepts, technologies, and standards associated with network management and network security.
• Chapter 6: Commercial Building Networks, provides an overview of design guidelines for building, campus, and multi-site networks, including remote access connectivity for mobile users.
• Chapter 7: Data Center Networks, provides an overview of design guidelines for data centers, including the facilities, cabling topologies, and network equipment associated with data center deployment.
Appendix A: Codes, Standards, Regulations, and Organizations, details the sources of codes and standards and lists important international, multinational/regional, and country-specific codes and standards.
Appendix B: Legacy Technologies, provides an overview of network technologies used in the past but no longer considered for deployment within most organizations.
Appendix C: Numbering Conversions, provides a reference for numeric conversions.
|Organization:||Advancing the Information and Communication Technology Community|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|