Standard: TAPPI T 815
COEFFICIENT OF STATIC FRICTION (SLIDE ANGLE) OF PACKAGING AND PACKAGING MATERIALS (INCLUDING SHIPPING SACK PAPERS, CORRUGATED AND SOLID FIBERBOARD) (INCLINED PLANE METHOD)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method determines the coefficient of static friction of most packaging materials by measuring the angle at which one test surface begins to slide against another inclined surface as the incline is increased at a constant and prescribed rate.
The test is frequently referred to as slide angle. The coefficient of friction is numerically equivalent to the tangent of that angle.
TAPPI T 549 describes a horizontal method for determining static and kinetic friction but is intended for application to printing and writing papers and the procedures are somewhat different.
|Document Number:||tappi t 815|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|