Standard: TAPPI T 275
SCREENING OF PULP (SOMERVILLE-TYPE EQUIPMENT)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The purpose of this method is to separate contaminants such as shives in mechanical pulp, and macro stickies, plastics, sand, metal pieces, and flakes in recycled fiber from pulp fibers for subsequent examination and/or quantification. This method employs a screening device and the separation is based on size difference between fibers and contaminants. However, depending on their flexibility and/or geometry, not all of the contaminants that are larger in size than fiber can be captured by the screen.
The dimensional limits that separate contaminants from fibers, as well as the time length of screening are arbitrary.
Screen plates of various slit widths such as 0.10 mm, 0.15 mm, 0.20 mm, and 0.25 mm have been used in separating contaminants. Only the use of 0.15 mm slit is covered in detail in this method.
|Document Number:||tappi t 275|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|