Standard: TAPPI T 832
WATER ABSORPTION OF CORRUGATING MEDIUM: FLOAT CURL METHOD
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The water absorptivity of corrugating medium is measured by floating a specimen on the surface of a vessel of water and determining the time for the specimen to become saturated.
This method is applicable to corrugating medium as it is commercially produced by all processes. It is generally applicable to relatively unsized (water leaf) paperboards. It may not be applicable for more highly sized boards or to grades produced in different grammage (basis weight) from those normally used in corrugating medium.
TAPPI T 432 "Water Absorbency of Bibulous Papers" and TAPPI UM 596 "Water Absorbency of Non-Bibulous Paperboard" have been used to measure the water absorptivity of corrugating medium, but the study which led up to the development of this method indicates that they lack the repeatability of this method and most certainly take more time to conduct, especially on the more resistant samples.
|Document Number:||tappi t 832|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|