Standard: TAPPI T 1210
UNITS OF MEASUREMENT AND CONVERSION FACTORS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This Standard Practice deals with the application of the International System of units (abbreviated "SI" or "SI metric units") within the field of pulp, paper, and paperboard. TAPPI regulations require the use of the SI units as the preferred units in TAPPI Test Methods and other TAPPI publications.
Details of the SI are given in the various parts of ISO Standard 31: 1981 and ISO Standard 1000: 1981. Application of this information is not always easy, however. For instance, some quantities can be expressed in different units, all within the SI. Such variations can lead to confusion in reporting test results and quoting property values.
In order to overcome such problems within the pulp, paper, and paperboard field, ISO/TC6 has recommended appropriate units in ISO Standard 5651: 1989 (E). These are reproduced in this Standard Practice, together with other information and recommendations.
|Document Number:||tappi t 1210|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|