Standard: TAPPI T 802
DROP TEST FOR FIBERBOARD SHIPPING CONTAINERS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method describes procedures for determining the ability of fiberboard containers to protect their contents and/or to withstand impact in free-fall drops. These procedures are specifically designed for controlled drop testing of solid fiber or corrugated shipping containers
They do not apply to cylindrical containers or cans made of fiber.
This test is not normally used on packages heavier than 68 kg (150 lb).
NOTE 1: Heavier packages may rarely be tested, but are unwieldy and usually undergo other tests such as incline impact or rotational edge/corner/flat drops. These tests are not defined in this method.
No single procedure is applicable to all handling, transportation and environmental conditions. Alternative test procedures are available in the literature cited in the References section.
|Document Number:||tappi t 802|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
Standards That Reference This Standard
Showing 1 of 1.