Standard: TAPPI T 464
WATER VAPOR TRANSMISSION RATE OF PAPER AND PAPERBOARD AT HIGH TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method is for the gravimetric determination of the water vapor transmission rate (WVTR) of sheet materials at 37.8°C (100°F) with an atmosphere of 90% RH on one side and a desiccant on the other.
It is generally suitable for any material up to 3 mm (1/8 in.) thick, although it may be used with caution for thicker materials if the edges of the specimen are completely sealed.
For testing at other conditions see TAPPI T 448 "Water Vapor Transmission Rate of Paper and Paperboard at 23°C (73°F) and at 50% RH."
This test can be used for both creased and uncreased specimens. See TAPPI T 465 "Static Creasing of Paper for WVT Tests" or TAPPI UM 590 "Creasing of Paperboard for Water Vapor Transmission Rate (WVTR) Testing."
|Document Number:||tappi t 464|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|