Standard: UFC 4-021-01
DESIGN AND O&M: MASS NOTIFICATION SYSTEMS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This UFC provides the design, operation, and maintenance requirements of MNS for DOD facilities. The requirement for a MNS is established by UFC 04-010-01. This document is intended to assist in the design of systems that meet the requirement established by UFC 04-010-01 and to give guidance to commanders, architects, engineers, and end users on design, operation, and maintenance of MNS.
PURPOSE. This UFC provides technical criteria for systems that will:
• Implement mass notification in compliance with the DOD antiterrorism requirements as specified in UFC 4-010-01
• Implement national design standards and recommendations for mass notification systems as provided in National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standard 72 (including Annex E)
• Achieve coordination of DOD mass notification capabilities with national systems as required by Executive Order 13407
|Organization:||Unified Facilities Criteria|
|Document Number:||ufc 4-021-01|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 32.