Standard: UFC 3-510-01
FOREIGN VOLTAGES AND FREQUENCIES GUIDE
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This manual identifies the classes of electrical equipment that are sensitive to frequency and voltage variations. Appendix B covers identification of various low and medium voltage levels, along with the system frequencies, used by countries around the world. Derating factors are discussed and developed for the six generic types of equipment in chapter 3. Appendix C summarizes the derating factors presented in chapter 3 for different voltage and frequency environments.
This manual provides guidance required to identify the voltage and frequency standards of various foreign countries for both medium and low voltage systems. It also identifies the classes of equipment that are sensitive to voltage and frequency differences. Foreign countries around the world use different electrical standards for voltage and frequency than those of the United States. Some electrical equipment will operate properly at an electrical frequency of either 50 or 60 Hz. Equipment designed for 60 Hz that will not operate properly at 50 Hz is termed "50 Hz sensitive," and equipment designed for 50 Hz that will not operate properly at 60 Hz is termed "60 Hz sensitive."
|Organization:||Unified Facilities Criteria|
|Document Number:||ufc 3-510-01|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|