Standard: WRC BUL 12
AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF ALUMINUM WELDING
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Calculations are presented for the temerature history of points in a 61S-T6 aluminum plate under varying connditions of source velocity and heat input. These conditions were subsequently duplicated by experiments in which a tungsten or a consumable electrode arc became the hypothetical point source of heat. The decrease in hardness at any point in the plate is predicted from a temperature modified time versus transformation curve, developed from isothermal reaction rates. The predicted hardness values are compared with the measured hardness values as a check on the applicability of the analytical method.
|Organization:||Welding Research Council|
|Document Number:||wrc bul 12|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|