Standard: WRC BUL 279
WELDABILITY AND FRACTURE TOUGHNESS OF QUENCHED AND TEMPERED 9% NICKEL STEEL: PART I – WELD SIMULATION TESTING; AND PART II – WIDE PLATE TESTING
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
An investigation on the weldability of a quenched and tempered 9% Ni-steel, using weld simulation and artificial aging to estimate the heat affected zone (HAZ) ductility at cryogenic temperatures is reported in the first part of this paper. A series of large scale tensile tests have also been carried out on 9% Ni butt welds, the results of which are presented in the second part. Charpy-V bars were subjected to various weld simulation cycles and subsequent heat treatments and after notching broken at a range of cryogenic temperatures.
|Organization:||Welding Research Council|
|Document Number:||wrc bul 279|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|