Standard: WRC BUL 280
THE VARESTRAINT TEST
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The Heat Resistant Alloys Subcommittee of the High Alloys Committee of the Welding Research Council through the Results of its Weldability Testing Survey found that the Varestraint Test, or one of its various modifications, is the most utilized weldability test for evaluation of hot cracking sensitivity. The subcommittee also noted that the many Varestraint Test techniques have not been addressed in a single document which would be useful for potential test users. Therefore, it was decided to present the experience of several researchers in a monograph devoted to Varestraint testing. The basic underlying tenet is: to encourage the use of weldability testing; to give prospective users the benefits of the experience of those who have employed the test; to alert potential users to the advantages and pitfalls inherent in the currently utilized techniques and to outline the important test variables and the evaluation criteria. Thus, this monograph is not intended to be a standardization document but a utilization guide.
|Organization:||Welding Research Council|
|Document Number:||wrc bul 280|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|