Standard: WRC BUL 101
PVRC INTERPRETIVE REPORT OF PRESSURE VESSEL RESEARCH, SECTION 2 – MATERIALS CONSIDERATION
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Improvements in analytical design procedures developed over the past ten years have led to a better understanding of the significance of calculated stresses as described in "Section l-Design Considerations" of the "PVRC Interpretive Report of Pressure Vessel Research." On the basis of those stress considerations, the present report estimates, insofar as possible, the factors insuring against the various stress-dependent modes of pressure-vessel failures. For these modes of failure, safety indexes are estimated for present Code allowable design stresses and for higher allowable design stresses with particular emphasis on highstrength steels (tensile strengths up to 130,000 psi) and on designs based on yield strength rather than tensile strength. Although the expected change in safety indexes for higher design stresses are presented, no changes in the allowable design stresses are proposed or recommended such changes are the prerogative and responsibility of Code-making bodies.
|Organization:||Welding Research Council|
|Document Number:||wrc bul 101|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|