Standard: WRC - BULLETIN 107
LOCAL STRESSES IN SPHERICAL AND CYLINDRICAL SHELLS DUE TO EXTERNAL LOADINGS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
WRC 107 has been replaced by WRC 537 WRC Bulletin 107 presents the results of an analytical and experimental research program aimed at providing methods for determining the stresses in pressure vessel nozzle connections subjected to various forms of external loadings. Based on the work of P.P. Bijlaard, the Bulletin covers the sign conventions, parameters, calculation of stresses, nondimensional curves, and limitations on application for spherical and cylindrical shells and an abridged calculation for maximum stress in spherical shells.
|Organization:||Welding Research Council|
|Document Number:||bulletin 107|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|