Standard: WRC BUL 235
IMPROVED REPEATABILITY IN ULTRASONIC EXAMINATION ; ULTRASONIC TESTING SYSTEM STANDARDIZATION REQUIREMENTS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This paper describes the evaluation of search units used to conduct a round robin ultrasonic examination of welds by the Pressure Vessel Research Committee's Subcommittee on Nondestructive Examination of Materials for Pressure Components. The round robin was intended to evaluate the effectiveness of ultrasonic examination of heavy section welds. Eighteen standard off-the-shelf search units were supplied by subcommittee members. Seven of these were rejected because they would have caused variations in test results. The search unit parameters and variables which affect amplitude response and thereby limit the repeatability of ultrasonic examinations are discussed. The test results obtained as a result of evaluating the eighteen search units are presented. A procedure for evaluating search units is discussed and the significant parameters identified. The variation in echo amplitude produced by inconsistent performance of search units is described.
|Organization:||Welding Research Council|
|Document Number:||wrc bul 235|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|