Standard: WRC BUL 118
FATIGUE TESTS OF LARGE-SIZE WELDED PLATE GIRDERS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This report describes the fatigue tests of nine large-size, welded plate girders. The girders were subjected to loading conditions of high shear, pure bending and their combination. Maximum applied loads were at levels generally somewhat in excess of practical magnitudes. Three failure modes existed, corresponding to the three loading conditions. In comparing the plate bending stresses caused by the lateral web deflections with the numbers of cycles at crack initiation, good correlation was observed.
|Organization:||Welding Research Council|
|Document Number:||wrc bul 118|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|