Standard: WRC BUL 300
TECHNICAL POSITION ON CRITERIA ESTABLISHMENT ; TECHNICAL POSITION ON DAMPING VALUES FOR PIPING-INTERIM SUMMARY REPORT ; TECHNICAL POSITION ON RESPONSE SPECTRA BROADENING ; TECHNICAL POSITION ON INDU
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The published positions of the Technical Committee have been developed with the aim of providing a balance between design for thermal expansion effects which occur frequently during normal operation and design for dynamic and seismic events which occur as a result of abnormal plant operation, or are postulated events. Sufficient review has been performed to demonstrate that use of these positions will reduce the restraints required to provide protection against a postulated seismic event thereby allowing more flexible piping design. In addition, studies have been performed which demonstrate that sufficient margin exists when the published positions are used for piping design. The studies compare the results of time-history seismic analyses against seismic analyses using the Technical Committee positions and in all cases show a margin (technical committee positiodtime-history) on moment (stress) greater than 1.0 with a mean of 3.0.
|Organization:||Welding Research Council|
|Document Number:||wrc bul 300|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|