Standard: WRC BUL 238
PLASTIC STABILITY OF PIPES AND TEES EXPOSED TO EXTERNAL COUPLES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Experimental results on plastic deformation of four pipes exposed to pure bending and of sixteen tee-intersections of pipes exposed to out-of-plane couples at the branch are given. The test data indicate that both pipes and tees buckle plastically under these loading conditions and that in case of tees exposed to out-of-plane couples the carrying capacity is determined by plastic buckling and not by plastic limit loads for certain geometries.
|Organization:||Welding Research Council|
|Document Number:||wrc bul 238|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|