Standard: WRC BUL 151
FURTHER THEORETICAL TREATMENT OF PERFORATED PLATES WITH SQUARE PENETRATION PATTERNS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
In this paper the theoretical validity of the equivalent homogeneous model for materials perforated with circular holes arranged in a square pattern is demonstrated. The two sets of effective elastic constants for loading in the pitch and diagonal directions, respectively, are related so that there are actually only three independent effective elastic constants. The six effective elastic constants for loading in any arbitrary direction are obtained from the known values for loading in the pitch direction. The second part of the paper is concerned with the solution for the equivalent anisotropic circular plate with simply supported edges subjected to uniform pressure. There is no closed form sdution to this problem. A doubly infinite complex series solution has been published by Okubo. The error incurred by truncating that solutlon after the first complex term of each series is shown to be small. This solution is satisfactory for design calculations over the entire range of ligament efficiencies greater than 5%.
|Organization:||Welding Research Council|
|Document Number:||wrc bul 151|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|