Standard: WRC BUL 250
GENERALIZED YIELD SURFACES FOR PLATES AND SHELLS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Complete expressions are derived for the lower bound loads which cause yielding of general plate and shell elements subjected to membrane, bending and shear loads. The analyses are based on the Tresca yield criterion, and statically admissible stress distributions are used to obtain lower bound yield loads. These generalized yield surfaces are not restricted to shells of revolution subjected to axisymmetric loads. Stress limits based on these yield surface equations are proposed herein to evaluate elastically-calculated primary stresses obtained using finite element or other methods. The proposed evaluation method provides a consistent and nearly uniform margin of safety against gross plastic yielding.
|Organization:||Welding Research Council|
|Document Number:||wrc bul 250|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|