Standard: WRC BUL 252
ULTRASONIC EVALUATION AND SECTIONING OF PVRC PLATE WELD SPECIMEN 201
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Nondestructive testing personnel in the nuclear industry are frequently questioned about the probability of flaw detection as a function of flaw size, location, and orientation. Nondestructive testing personnel are also questioned by fracture mechanics engineers concerning the accuracy with which the size of weld and HAZ defects can be determined, and if the degree of accuracy obtained will allow realistic fracture mechanics analysis of an existing defect once it has been detected. Because of a scarcity of actual data on the subject, these questions are presently being answered based on the opinions of various NDT experts. Unfortunately, these opinions vary widely and are substantiated only by personal experience. This report describes one facet of the effort to provide tangible data concerning the flaw detection capabilities of existing ultrasonic testing procedures and techniques.
|Organization:||Welding Research Council|
|Document Number:||wrc bul 252|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|