Standard: WRC BUL 129
ELASTIC STRESSES IN PRESSURE VESSEL HEADS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
In order to apply the fruits of this effort, the Pressure Vessel Research Committee then embarked upon a review and evaluation of various computer programs for the analysis of stresses in pressure vessels and heads. This study was carried out by Krausl' who collected various computer programs and evaluated their performance on typical pressure vessel problems. In a later investigation Kraus'j amplified these results in a comparison of stresses that were obtained by various digital computer solutions to available experimental data involving pressure vessels with hemispherical and torispherical heads. At the completion of the evaluation of the computer programs the Pressure Vessel Research Committee set out to use the tools that had become available in the filling of existing gaps in pressure vessel stress information and thereby, to promote the continued improvement of pressure vessel design methods. The data that are to be presented herein on stresses in pressure vessels with torispherical, ellipsoidal and hemispherical heads are a contribution to that goal.
|Organization:||Welding Research Council|
|Document Number:||wrc bul 129|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|