Standard: WRC BUL 168
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Most publications on lamellar tearing relate to metallurgical investigations, although some process work has been carried out. At present the designer has to examine the available literature and draw his own conclusions. This report tries to isolate those variables which are important to the welding designer and to explain their relevance in a given situation. It is difficult to adopt a design philosophy for lamellar tearing, when the effect of certain variables cannot be assessed for theoretical and experimental reasons, but the designer must have some evidence as a basis for his decisions. In the final part of the report designs prone to lamellar tearing are examined and suggestions made for modifying them to minimize the risk. Emphasis is placed on anticipation of lameller tearing, as the cure can be extremely time consuming and costly. There are considerable gaps in the available information on material behavior and recommendations are made for appropriate research.
|Organization:||Welding Research Council|
|Document Number:||wrc bul 168|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|