Standard: WRC BUL 174
RESIDUAL STRESSES AND DISTORTION IN WELDED ALUMINUM STRUCTURES AND THEIR EFFECTS ON SERVICE PERFORMANCE
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This interpretive report discusses residual stresses and distortion in welded aluminum structures and their effects on service performance. After a brief introduction, Section 2 discusses thermal stresses during welding, residual stresses and distortion in weldments in aluminum alloys. Computer programs have been developed to calculate heat flow and thermal stresses around the moving arc. A study was made to compare analytical results with experimental data.
|Organization:||Welding Research Council|
|Document Number:||wrc bul 174|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|