Standard: AAMI 10993-12
BIOLOGICAL EVALUATION OF MEDICAL DEVICES - PART 12: SAMPLE PREPARATION AND REFERENCE MATERIALS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This part of ISO 10993 specifies requirements and gives guidance on the procedures to be followed in the preparation of samples and the selection of reference materials for medical device testing in biological systems in accordance with one or more parts of ISO 10993. Specifically, this part of ISO 10993 addresses the following:
— test sample selection;
— selection of representative portions from a device;
— test sample preparation;
— experimental controls;
— selection of, and requirements, for reference materials;
— preparation of extracts.
This part of ISO 10993 is not applicable to live cells, but can be relevant to the material or device components of combination products containing live cells.
|Organization:||Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation|
|Document Number:||aami 10993-12|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|