Standard: RTCA DO-340
CONCEPT OF USE FOR AERONAUTICAL INFORMATION SERVICES (AIS) AND METEOROLOGICAL (MET) DATA LINK SERVICES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This document provides an aviation industry view on how AIS and MET data link services would be used to support flight operations. In this ConUse, the data link services are considered as either the primary (Category 1) or useful (Category 2) means for communicating AIS and MET information, and voice becomes a secondary means for such communications. The implementation of such services will be evolutionary beginning with expected widespread use of useful (Category 2) AIS and MET data link services.
The document identifies the stakeholders, the operational needs, the justification for AIS and MET data link services, and the needed change processes. Operational scenarios and use cases are included along with examples of AIS and MET information that could be delivered by these services. .
The AIS and MET data link services are expected to be used to support tactical/near-term as well as strategic/planning decisions in multiple operating environments. In addition, there are multiple applications, both ground and airborne, that can benefit from the data link transmission of aircraft derived meteorological information.
|Document Number:||rtca do-340|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|