Standard: TAPPI T 234
COARSENESS OF PULP FIBERS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This is a method by which the coarseness (weight per unit length) of the fibers in a pulp may be ascertained by counting the crossings of a known weight of fibers per unit area on a prepared slide over lines of known length. The crossings are counted with a microscope and mechanical stage, by traversing the slide over a series of 5-cm distances.
If it is also required to determine the length of the fibers in a sample in accordance with TAPPI T 232 "Fiber Length of Pulp by Projection," instead of using a microscope, the fiber crossings over lines of known equivalent length may be counted when the images of the fibers are projected on a screen as described in T 232.
|Document Number:||tappi t 234|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|