Standard: TAPPI T 437
DIRT IN PAPER AND PAPERBOARD
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method (1-3) is suited for the visual estimation of dirt in paper or paperboard in terms of equivalent black area. For dirt in pulp, see TAPPI T 213 "Dirt in Pulp."
This method is a visual inspection method for the evaluation of the Equivalent Black Area (EBA) measurement of dirt in paper and paperboard. An equivalent instrumental method using image analysis for the measurement of dirt in pulp, paper, and paperboard in units of parts per million is given in TAPPI T 563 "Equivalent Black Area (EBA) and count of visible dirt in paper and paperboard by image analysis." T 537 "Dirt count in paper and paperboard (optical character recognition - OCR)" reports the number of specks of 0.02 mm2 or larger per square meter.
|Document Number:||tappi t 437|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|TAPPI T 437||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2008-01-01||Revision: 08||Status: ACTV|