Standard: TAPPI T 262
PREPARATION OF MECHANICAL PULPS FOR TESTING
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This practice describes a procedure for the preparation of mechanical pulps prior to physical testing.
It is for use with pressure groundwood, refiner mechanical, chemimechanical, thermomechanical, and chemithermomechanical pulps. It may also be used on any pulp sample taken downstream of the refiners (i.e., screens, cleaners, reject refiners, etc.). The purpose of this practice is to remove latency (curl) from pulp fibers
Hot disintegration of pulps containing lignin may lead to significant loss of brightness. Since brightness is not significantly changed by the presence of latency in the pulp, this procedure is not recommended for pulps that will be formed into brightness measuring sheets.
|Document Number:||tappi t 262|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|